A notification is an e-mail sent from Breeze to notify a user of specific events that occur in the wind farm. Notifications are configured using notification schemes. A notification scheme can be configured to send notifications whenever a turbine status is registered. The notifications are very flexible and can be configured in many different ways.
A notification is an e-mail sent from Breeze to notify a user of specific events that occur in the wind farm. Notifications are configured using notification schemes.
A notification scheme can be configured to send notifications whenever a turbine status is registered. The notifications are very flexible and can be configured in many different ways. It is possible to select which turbines, status codes or status categories (stops, warnings or information) should trigger a notification.
It is also possible to send notifications when a status is resolved.
To avoid sending too many notifications (e.g. for multiple status events with a very short duration), there is an option to delay the notifications and only include statuses that are still active after the delay.
The recipients are also configured in the notification scheme. It is possible to select Breeze users or to add external recipients defined by e-mail address.
To be able to create a notification scheme, you need to have administration rights in Breeze.
Here follows a step by step guide on how to create a notification scheme.
- Go to Administration -> Notifications
- Click on “Add a notification scheme”
- Title: First give the notification scheme a title and decide if you want to enable the scheme directly.
- Turbines: Decide if the notification should include all turbines in the portfolio or specific wind farms or turbines.
- If you wish to receive all status codes, you can still filter if you want to have stops, warnings and/or informational events.
- You can select specific status codes to be in the notifications. The status list is dependent on chosen turbine type. In this section you can search for specific status codes, you can select all codes, and you can clear all selected codes. You can also select codes one by one. You can search for a specific word and select all search results. This is done after step 7.
- You can select if you want to receive a notification when the status is resolved.
- Delay: Maybe you are interested only in stops or other status codes that are longer then a certain time, then you can select delay time. This means that only codes that still are active after this amount of time will be included in the notification. You can chose between 0, 5, 10 and 30 minutes or 1 and 4 hours.
- Recipients: In the drop-down list you can chose between all users of your Breeze account. You can also add additional e-mail addresses to external recipients. You can choose if you want the notification to be sent as soon as possible, as an hourly digest or as a daily digest.
- Save your Notification scheme and wait for your first e-mail.