Wallenstam builds, develops and manages properties for sustainable living and enterprises in expansive regions in Sweden. Wallenstam’s reported property value is approx. EUR 3.25 billion. In addition to being one of the top 10 property owners in Sweden Wallenstam has invested in wind power to provide 100% clean energy to all of its customers.
Wallenstam builds, develops and manages properties for sustainable living and enterprises in expansive regions in Sweden. Wallenstam’s reported property value is approx. EUR 3.25 billion.
In addition to being one of the top 10 property owners in Sweden Wallenstam has invested in wind power to provide 100% clean energy to all of its customers.
Wallenstam currently owns 135 MW of wind power. The portfolio consists of multiple types of turbines such as Vestas V90, Enercon E82, Siemens 2.3 among others.
In order to manage a portfolio with such a wide variety of turbines Wallenstam has from very early on required a Top Level SCADA system. They were a long time user of SMTeknik and have now with the transition of SMTeknik to Breeze chosen to migrate all wind farm data management to Breeze Production.
Kaj Lamton, Vice President at Wallenstam’s Wind Power division (Svensk Naturenergi AB) lists the top 10 reasons why they chose Breeze Production for wind farm data management.
- Useability: An easy to use platform that requires very little training
- Analytics: More advanced analytics than turbine manufacturers SCADA systems. Breeze can aggregate error codes across wind farms. Better analytics for understanding specific power curves in different wind directions. Analyze the power curve over time to track possible decay or improvements.
- Comparisons & Benchmark: Access anonymous comparisons toward other wind farms to provide data for valuable discussions with turbine manufacturers.
- Save time: Makes daily work much easier. Direct connection of real time production data and scheduled down time to forecast system reduces manual work load of exporting and importing data between different systems.
- Intra day trading: Track and compare forecasted production with real time production to make trading on secondary balance market for electricity possibly (in the nordic countries this market is called Elbas).
- Web access: Access to wind power turbines without going through Citrix. No need to install anything on company hardware.
- IT infrastructure: Secure backup of data, outside own infrastructure, no need to go through Citrix.
- Development: Be part of future product development by providing feedback from a user perspective to the Breeze Production team. Participate in the regular meetings with the Breeze team and other Breeze customers.
- Future proof: If Wallenstam purchases turbines from other manufacturers in the future or if data formats change etc Breeze is committed to support data from any type of turbine.
- Marketing: As a property owner it is important to communicate a commitment to sustainable development. Production of clean energy is one way to prove that commitment. With Breeze it is possible to pull real time production data and to present the data on a separate website.
“We are very happy that Wallenstam have chosen Breeze and we are inspired by their commitment to sustainable development and their move to be 100% powered by clean, renewable energy.” Says Jonas Corné, CEO Greenbyte.
Would you like to try Breeze Production yourself? Click here to sign up for a free personal demo.